Vacancy - Control Engineer / PLC Programmer
Powder Systems Ltd (PSL) provides the opportunity to work for an innovative, cutting-edge pharmaceutical process systems company as a control engineer / PLC programmer.
PSL was formed 23 years ago and has offices around the world in the US, France, Czech Republic, India and Japan. Our clients include global industry leaders such as Pfizer, GSK, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi-Aventis and Novartis.
We pride ourselves on talented, dedicated professionals who are rewarded with fulfilling and often fast-tracked careers with us, through high quality internal and external training and support.
As a control engineer / PLC programmer you will design control systems as part of a team of multi-disciplined engineers – providing you with the opportunity to understand other aspects of engineering and product development. Your principal activities as a control engineer / PLC programmer will include:
- Programming of Siemens S7 and WINCC, Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and RS View Studio software
- Ability to write functional design specifications
- Electrical engineering design drawings including: detailed electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic design drawings and operating and testing procedures
- AutoCAD electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic circuit design drawings
- Familiarity with variable speed frequency inverters
- Experience of hazardous area installation techniques
- Liaison with project managers and product engineers regarding scheduling and customer interface
- Liaison with manufacturing unit and procurement department
- Commissioning work (typically 2 weeks out of 3 months) to attractive countries including the USA, Europe, Singapore and Japan
- Professionally experienced in PLC, HMI and ideally SCADA
- AutoCAD experience
- Degree or HNC qualified
- Background in process or machinery systems
- Ambitious person with a strong will to progress
- Additional language would be beneficial
- Salary £30,000-40,000 per annum
- Pension and permanent health and life insurance
- Opportunity to travel to our worldwide offices and occasional short-term travel to other attractive worldwide locations
- Company supported training and professional development
- Assistance with accommodation if relocating
This position of control engineer / PLC programmer is located at our global headquarters in Liverpool, UK in the attractive grounds of Estuary Business Park. The site has plenty of onsite parking.
For more information on Powder Systems Ltd please visit www.powdersystems.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting REF: HPCI.
Subscribe now to Cleanroom Technology to get unrestricted online access to our exclusive content and receive our high quality magazine every month.